Internet Sales of
Interesting Motor Vehicles.
Fort Lauderdale / Hollywood, Florida
1981 Toyota Celica Sunchaser
The color is
white with the original LC graphics and the
original blue cloth interior
|Standard GT Features:
● 22R 4 cylinder engine
● 5-speed Manual Transmission
● Air Conditioning
● Cruise Control
● Tilt Steering Column
● GT Gauge Package with Tachometer
● Power Steering
● Adjustable Lumber Support on Drivers Seat
● AM/FM Radio with Auto Reverse Cassette
● Antenna mounted inside windshield
● 14 inch Styled steel wheels
● Locking Fuel Door
● Center Console with Storage
● Chapman Security System
● Manual Adjust Exterior Side Mirrors
● Power Brakes
● Rear Trunk Mounted Luggage Rack
Griffith Sunchaser Features:
● Removable Fiberglass Targa Top
● Fixed Targa Hoop
● Fold Down Rear Convertible Section
Read the Motor Trend magazine
road test and review
of the Sunchaser
Here is a link
to the most comprehensive
Toyota Sunchaser website.
Scroll down to View more pictures and read the complete description.
|The Toyota Sunchaser was built
by The Griffith Company in Jacksonville, Florida and Santa Ana, California
from the years 1979 to 1981. The company's headquarters were located in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
It is estimated only
that 3,000 Sunchaserís were manufactured.
The example I am offering is probably the nicest and most original
Sunchaser in existence.
The odometer shows about 68,000 miles and I believe the miles are actual.
A Florida car from day one. Here is the cars history as I understand it.
Purchased new on 7/8/81 at Oakland Toyota in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
27 years later in December 2007 the original owner sold it to her auto mechanic.
At the time it had a blown head gasket, the mechanic repaired the engine including a complete valve job.
Recently when the mechanic told me he wanted to sell it, I made an offer and now own one of the most unique Toyotas in South Florida.
If you have questions,
email or call me
Available for inspection by appointment in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.
A boot originally snapped in place to cover the convertible when it is
|More particulars on this Sunchaser.
● The paint is mostly original
● All of the graphics appear to be original
● Interior is original and in very good condition.
● The engine runs strong - no smoke or leaks
● Air conditioning is cold
● 4 almost new tires and a recent front end alignment
● Recent exhaust system from the catalytic converter to the muffler
I do not have one for this car, you might need to have it custom made.
4 almost New Hankook 185/70 14 tires
The dash board is perfect - no fading or cracks
Seats are original cloth and in remarkable condition for their age.
Original Toyota Audio System - it sounds ok - cassette is not working
All of the steal bracing is very solid and well preserved.
You can see the newer exhaust system.
Toyota Guard was a Rust proofing and paint sealant package they were selling in the 1980's,
I guess it really worked. LYC is a parking decal for The Lauderdale Yacht Club.